Sunday, November 14, 2010

Weekend Sale Extravaganza and a Milestone!

This weekend was such a busy weekend, but it was self-imposed busy-ness. I feel that we got a lot accomplished and hit some great sales!

Yesterday, we went to the new Produce Junction that opened near us. It was amazing... fresh fruits, vegetable and flowers at more afforable prices than the local grocery chains. We loaded up on salad, cucumbers, carrots, apples, pineapple, honeydew, a squash for Ben, and more. It was great- our kitchen is full of fresh foods and I love it!

From there we went to Toys R Us, where we snagged a great sale on GeoTrax for Victoria. She already has a set, so we bought an expansion pack for Christmas and saved over 33%, plus picked up a small toy for Ben that was around 40% off. I LOVE sales.

Then another stop at AC Moore produced more sales. My blog from earlier talked about the wool I had purchased, and in addition to the Alpaca Love and Fishermans Wool, I got some Bernat Christmas Cotton and a skein of Crimson yarn - to be made into Santa hats for the kids. I also got a set of DPNs!!! I saved about $15 thanks to the yarn sale they were running plus a 50% off coupon.
The sales continued at the mall, where Crazy 8 was running a sale plus a Friends & Family discount. My favorite purchase there was this awesome argyle sweater dress for the princess:
I love being able to save money on things I'd normally buy anyway.  I got Victoria 3 full outfits and a full outfit for Ben, all for about what I would have paid for one or two outfits normally. I'm loving the sweater dresses for fall and I snagged two yesterday for Victoria.

OH! And the milestone: This is my 50th post!!!  I hope you enjoy reading, because I'm enjoying writing and sharing my ideas, projects and various happenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment