I'm almost finished with my first ever knitted hat! The Santa Hat I made isn't perfect- I can see where my tension was varied and stitch sizes are off from one to the next. But, I was pretty proud that I didn't drop or add any stitches and I followed along with the pattern pretty well. It was suppose to be for Victoria, but unfortunately, I didn't measure her head before starting and just made the pattern for a "child" size hat with a circumference of 17 inches. It stretches to fit her, but it's tight and looks silly, so now it'll be for Benjamin and it fits him well. I've already started on the "adult medium" which should fit Victoria.
The only thing that's left is to weave in my ends and make and add the white pom-pom for the top of the hat.
It's taken me a while to make it, but it's hard to always find time lately with two kids and Derek's nighttime work schedule. This coming week (starting tomorrow afternoon), Derek and the kids are going to be away, so my TV time will be filled with crochet and knitting projects.