Friday, November 12, 2010

And so it begins... a new WIP

I've finally started the star blanket for my newest nephew-to-be.  I asked my sister-in-law if she had any patterns and/or colors in mind and she asked for a blue star with black details.  She seemed to want something different, as she figured she might get normal crocheted or knitted blankets from her husband's grandmothers. She knows I'm able to make a star-shaped afghan, since I had made one before.  I forgot how easy it was to start, once the first round is made.


Here's the blanket after two rounds are complete, it doesn't appear to be a star at this point. Victoria actually thought I was making a flower.

After another two rounds, it's starting to have more of a star-shaped appearance.


I'm assuming that I'll need about 40 rounds, possibly more, to have the proper sized blanket.  I hope to take progress pictures throughout the process.  I'm aiming to have it finished before Christmas, and hopefully before Teddy's arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment