So, here's my first attempt - kind of following a recipe that a friend gave me years back, and kind of just throwing it all together as I go like my sister in law said she does.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 1/2-2 lbs cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup hot sauce/wing sauce 1 cup ranch dressing
- 8oz cream cheese
- 8oz shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook chicken and cube
- Cube cream cheese
- In a crockpot, mix together chicken, cream cheese, ranch dressing, hot wing sauce and most of the shredded cheese.
- Use an electric hand mixer to combine and shred up the chicken
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of mixture
- Cook in crockpot on high for about 30 minutes and then switch to warm.
- I used a 3 cheese blend of Vermont sharp, Wisconsin sharp and New York sharp.
- I used Ken's Buffalo chicken marinade/sauce
- For dippers, we had sliced French Baguette (untoasted) and Tostitos scoops. Celery and Carrots are also good dippers.
It was pretty good. Next time I'll use a bit more chicken or cream cheese to thicken it up - or I'll mix it a little less. I'd also like to try with Bleu Cheese dressing instead of Ranch- but I'm not a huge fan of Bleu cheese, so maybe 1/2 and 1/2. I also might try shredding the chicken and just mixing the ingredients and letting them cook together- though the electric mixer is so much easier.