Wednesday, November 24, 2010

From the Mouth of a Child

Any of you who have children or spend a great deal of time with them can understand that they are so unpredictable, especially during the early years. Victoria provides me with endless examples of how random and spontaneous children are, and sometimes I'm in awe of the things she comes up with.

I thought I'd share a smattering of her thoughts with you today:

"Mommy, did you ever taste Mam-mam's Milk? It's so yummy... it's better than ours" 
Okay- so I can see how this isn't so funny, but the fact that we haven't been to my grandmother's house in about a month, combined with the fact that we both buy the same 2% Milk made me chuckle a bit at the randomness of the comment.

"Did we lose our loudinator?" Me: "What does it do?" Tori: "It makes you sound really loud. I think we lost it, or it was broken"
So, you might have to be a fan of Phineas & Ferb to get this one, but the "evil" Dr. Doofenshmirtz creates an endless array of -inators.  Love that she came up with the loudinator and was actually looking for it :)

"Mommy, you guys fell in love" Me: "Who?" Tori: "You and Daddy and you got married. I fell in love with Daddy too".
She melts my heart. She is so loving and adores her daddy so much and I am so happy that he is such an awesome father, but it's times like this that it can nearly bring me to tears with the amount of love and admiration she has for him - I only wish he would have been home to hear it from her!

No comments:

Post a Comment