Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ta-Da: Teddy's Star

It seems to long since I first blogged about starting Teddy's star.  You can find that post here, for my recollection I started the star on November 12. This weekend, on Saturday, I finally finished up Teddy's star.  It was such a relief to finish it, especially since it felt like I was working on this blanket forever.  Turns out it was only 2 months.  The monotony of a single color for so long was really driving me nuts, but I was really happy with it once I added the contrasting black rows.  To be perfectly honest, I really wanted to do a fun blanket with a few shades of blues and greens, but I let Derek's sister choose the colors and she wanted Blue & Black and she requested a Star.  I know I could have just made whatever I wanted, but if I have the time to think about it, I usually like to get some input from the recipient.

I guess this blanket took so long because after I started it I also made 2 Santa hats, a hat & scarf set for Victoria and 2 purses. So all in all, it really didn't take that long.

Here are some photos of the star- what the center looked like when I folded all the peaks in, an up close shot of one of the points, one of the points along the way when I had gone back to blue before adding the final round of black, and a close up of the center of the star.


And here is the finished blanket, all ready to go to Teddy:

No comments:

Post a Comment