Friday, January 7, 2011

Foodie Friday: Pretzel Dogs


Okay, it's not the healthiest find, nor is it something new, but it's new to me and it was delicious!  It was an Auntie Anne's Pretzel Dog!

Yesterday, I took the train into the city for a meeting about the MBA program I hope to start in March.  I took an "extended lunch" at work to make it to the meeting and back without actually missing a day of work.  So, on my way to catch the train back to work, I needed to grab a quick lunch because the last thing I wanted to do was get back to work starving because I failed to eat.

In any case, I saw the Auntie Anne's stand and thought I'd just grab a pretzel, but there it was, waiting for me... the last fresh Pretzel dog.  What the heck, I love hot dogs and I love soft pretzels, so why wouldn't I like the Pretzel dog.  It was so yummy. I know I sound silly going on about a hot dog, but it wasn't just a hot dog, it was surround by a fabulous, buttery, wonderful Auntie Anne's pretzel. It sure hit the spot, plus it was super portable and I was able to eat it while walking to the track I needed to catch the train from. 

Now, I won't make eating Pretzel Dogs a habit.  Afterall, I do need to still shed some much unwanted baby weight and get my cholesterol in check... plus I haven't even looked into the amount of WW points it would be, but it was a nice treat and will serve as a nice cheat food once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment