Saturday, January 22, 2011

Kitchen Kapers: Broccoli Cheddar and Potato Soup

Finally! I've gotten a chance to make the Broccoli Cheddar and Potato soup from Gina's Skinny Recipes.


I didn't quite follow the recipe- I omitted the onions, celery and garlic.  I don't always use onion and celery and I was simply out of garlic and didn't realize it until I went to make the soup.  I used about double the potatoes and broccoli, so I also doubled (or more) the amount of milk I used and added about a cup of water as well. I added the water because I was out of chicken broth and figured that was fine, since I already used the 2 1/2 c of chicken broth the recipe called for.  Due to nearly doubling the soup, I also added a bit more cheese than the recipe calls for, but I didn't double the amount of cheese - I used 2 extra slices of american and maybe 1/2 c extra shredded cheddar.

The vedict?  This soup was great!  Definitely a keeper. Next time, I'll add a bit more potatoes, since we really enjoy potatoes and most of the potatoes in this soup got blended by my immersion blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment