Friday, January 21, 2011

Foodie Friday

Do you have a Chipotle near you? Have you tried it? What are you waiting for?!?!

I know that Chipotle is not new to some of you- but it is to me!  We had one open near home in the past year or so and never tried it.  Then, in the past two months, I had one open very close to where I work. One day my boss was going to grab lunch there, so I went along and I fell in love with the place. It's delicious! It's a great lunch choice, and it's really not expensive! 

But you must be warned: IT IS ADDICTING! After being introduced to Chipotle, I visited about 3 times in the next week... yes, THREE times!  I took Derek, he was wanting to try it and while we were out on errands one day we stopped to pick up lunch.  It was just as cheap as getting fast food and it was so much better.  Then I went twice from work on my lunch break, on days that I was planning to buy my lunch anyway.  I only paid $6.31 for my lunch and if I bought in our cafeteria I would have spent at least $8 unless I only got a soup and drink - which wouldn't fill me nearly as much as a burrito bowl.

My indulgence of choice there has been the burrito bowl. Actually, I have yet to try anything else.  The burritos look so huge that I figured I'd just do the "filling" minus the tortilla.  My bowl has: cilantro-lime rice, black beans, chicken, corn salsa, hot sauce, sour cream, cheese & lettuce.  To be a little healthier I can always cut out the sour cream and cheese, but what fun would that be?!

Yum... now I'm hungry for Chipotle.  I actually mentioned yesterday that I was thinking about going to Chipotle for lunch during work and Derek added it to the menu I made for the next two weeks... guess I know where one "quick" dinner is going to come from!

No comments:

Post a Comment