I hope that I will be pretty productive in 2011, so I'm setting a list of goals that I would like to achieve. I keep reminding myself that starting end of March, I'll be going back to school and my "spare" time that I've used for crocheting and knitting will most likely disappear, but I'm hoping to find even just a few minutes each day to create or work on a current WIP. I'm hoping to keep a project 365 of my makings, Craft 365, as a part of my blog in an effort to help me continue to create.
I'd like to create some ambitious goals for 2011 in terms of makings- here's my list, which I'm sure will change and grow over the course of the year:
1. Finish Teddy's Star, hopefully by the end of January
2. Finish Derek's wool scarf that has been terribly neglected lately
3. Make 8 Tangled Happy's Granny Stripe Boutique Bags as party favors for the girls that I anticipate will be attending Benjamin's first birthday.
4. Make a blanket for our good friends' new baby that is due in July. I hope to make it either as a Granny Stripe or Neat Ripple or a Mini Hexagon, but we will see when the time comes. They should know the gender of the baby by March, so I plan to decide once I know who I will be creating the blanket for.
5. Make myself a tote bag, potentially using the basis for the Granny Stripe Boutique Bag on a larger scale, possibly lining with fabric.
6. Make a large Granny Stripe for our home. We love Ben's Granny Stripe so much that we want it in a larger version for Derek & I to use.
7. Work on more knitting in the round. I've love to make hats for all of us.
8. Attempt some homemade Christmas decorations, like a nice bunting or some sort of garland. To be decided at a later time- but I really love the Jingle Bell Garland and I've also found a granny star garland that I really enjoy but can't seem to find the link right now!
9. Fulfill the Cavanaugh men's hunting wishlist: A new orange hat for Derek(crochet or knit), a new knitted neckwarmer for my father-in-law and possibly some more orange hats for my brothers-in-law.
10. Attempt a knitted garment. Most likely a cardigan for Victoria.
I could probably add more and more to the list. This list, aside from the knitted garment, SHOULD be attainable, but once school starts and I figure out my schedule it may be a challenge. Wish me luck, I hope to keep you updated!