Thursday, December 2, 2010

Ta-Da: Victoria's hat & scarf

I think I've probably blogged about my excited little girl who thinks that every time I get new yarn it's suppose to make her a hat. She convinced me to buy yarn because "it's so beautiful" and she asked me so sweetly to make her a hat... and I did - then she realized there was more yarn left over so she asked for a scarf too, so I made it. Then she was begging me to make her a black hat when I pulled out my huge skein of black... and was beyond excited when I told her my plans to make her a Santa hat.
So, I was planning to make her much desired black hat while she was away this week so that it'll be a little surprise for her on Christmas. That was one of the main things on my "must make" list for this week, since I wouldn't get caught making it. I also wanted to make a coordinating scarf so my little accessory queen was happy!


I finished the hat on Monday and added the hot pink rose that I made as my very first knitted item. I was pretty happy with the finished project.






Then I began working on the scarf and finished it up yesterday. The jury is still out on the scarf, as it's not my usual and the colors are a bit loud but I've had people tell me that they like it, and I know Victoria will love it even if I don't. The colors are really off in the photo, but you get the idea.
And, of course I took a photo of the two together, which shows the colors a bit better. I know she'll love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment