Thursday, September 2, 2010

Long weekends are wonderful!

It's Thursday, but it's my Friday! Today was the Little Man's last day at daycare, next week he starts staying home with his daddy. It should be quite an adventure but it's going to be awesome for my husband to be able to stay at home with the kids.

Tomorrow, we're having a *hopefully* relaxing day of getting packed and ready to go to my sister-in-law's camp. I have to admit that it's been quite a LONG time since I've been camping, and I'm not such an outdoorsy type person but I am looking forward to peace and quiet for once. Not sure how peaceful or quiet it will be having a three year old and five month old along, but we shall see. While we are gone we will have no WiFi or cell reception... I'm not sure how I'll survive!

I'm hoping to make a lot of progress on the Green & Grey granny stripe for the Little Man and if I'm lucky, I'll finish it. We do have a 4 hour car ride each way, so there will be plenty of crocheting time for me :) I was also hoping to make a decision on colors for my nephew's blanket as that is next up on my to-crochet list but I made the mistake of taking my husband to the store with me while I was looking and we couldn't agree on any color combinations. I did find some Bernat Chunky yarn that I'd like to try out, but I guess we'll see. Right now the colors are up between a chocolate brown, brick red and tan or grey and burnt orange. I really want to do a shades of blue/teal/green but my husband didn't like the color scheme. I guess that's what I get for letting him have a say!

I hope that I'll return from my weekend with an update that I've finish the granny stripe! I hope everyone enjoys the weekend, I'm loving that I have four days off and return to only four working days again next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment