Thursday, September 9, 2010

Current Work In Progress

In one of my earlier posts, I talked about starting to crochet again. I started with a Granny Stripe blanket, inspired by Lucy at Attic24. I was so happy to find her blog and a number of other crochet blogs to get me back to my craft. It's a huge stress reliever for me, and I love watching my projects shape up. I've been meaning to take pictures of the blanket in progress, but I kept forgetting to do it when my camera and blanket were in the same space... until this past weekend. I didn't take a picture of it all spread out, it'll be more surprising with the final ta-da that way anyway. Here are two pictures taken of my bundled, work in progress:

I'm making an "unpatterned" blanket so the stripes are different sizes, either 2, 4 or 6 rows per color with no order of colors. I like it that way, makes it fun to decide as I go. I love the way it's shaping up and I can't wait to see my little man all bundled up in his green & grey granny stripe!
As far as the progress, I have 9 stripes to go and then I'll start on the border. Hubby is helping decide the striping/colors as I go so it's nice that he's involved and he likes to be involved.
Hopefully I'll have a few more pictures of my next WIP, a granny rectangle for my nephew that I hope to start in the next two weeks once the current project is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment