Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I love saving money!

I'm on a mission to really start getting a tighter grip on our household budget and start saving money. The savings are out there, I just need to take the time to find them!!
The other weekend, while browsing the Clipper magazine, my husband noticed an add for a website called MamaCheaps because of the drastic savings that were advertised. I was intrigued, so I checked it out. It's AWESOME! She breaks down the sales and savings and talks about couponing, etc. I became a fan on FB and now just browse her status updates which link to her posts.

The other day, she had info about becoming a fan of Ballpark franks on FB and getting a $2 coupon. The coupon site allowed you to print two coupons. I said I'd wait until the hot dogs were on sale BOGO and use the coupons... well, they were on sale already this week! So- I bought 2 packs of all beef, bun-length Ballpark franks for FREE! Yes, FREE... actually, I got a penny back! I used both coupons which were $2/1 pack and then the BOGO discount. Awesome. I was so excited- I think that my first big "free" deal.

That same day, I used two $4 off coupons for Tag Reader books to be put aside for the princess for Christmas. They were on sale at Target for $9.99 (reg. $13.99) and then I used my coupons. I paid $12.70 for TWO Tag Reader books and my receipt showed a savings of $16!

And, just now, I ordered a case of 160 Size 3 Pampers Cruisers from Amazon for $17.82 plus FREE 2-day shipping. That's so much cheaper than $41.99 for the same size package at Babies R Us... what the heck, it's even cheaper than buying a pack half that size at Giant!

It may not seem a lot, but that's a savings of $48.17 just on those sales alone... now if only I can keep this up, we'll be in great shape... though I have to admit, it takes some time to plan, clip coupons, etc but it's well worth it! Thanks MamaCheaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment