Sunday, September 19, 2010

New WIP: Brayden's Rectangle Granny

After finished up Benjamin's blanket that I am absolutely in love with, I started my next project: A rectangle granny for my nephew. I already had purchased the yarn a few weeks ago, so I was ready to move on. The lighting in this picture wasn't the best so I think the colors look a bit darker than they are in person.
I am so pleased that I've already started and have the first color round finished. I *think* I'm doing a striping pattern of six rounds of the blueish color, 2 rounds of white, 6 rounds of the brown/taupe, 2 rounds of white... then repeating that sequence.

These pictures show the foundation row and the first round. I'm already done with the first color, so I'm on to the white, which is starting Round 7. I have no idea how many rounds the blanket will be, but I know it will most likely be at least 40... we shall see. I'm using Vanna's Choice yarn and it's a bit chunkier than the yarns I typically use. I loved the colors and the feel was good, so I went with it. I'm also using a size I needle instead of my normal G.

Since this is a chunkier yarn and I'm using a bigger needle, I think it may work up a bit quicker than usual. I hope. My goal for this one is to be done by October 17th so I can give it to Brayden AS SOON as it's done!

I also have small side projects going on, but that will be a mystery project until the big reveal after my sister-in-law's baby shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment