Sunday, February 27, 2011

February in Review


Another month is nearly over, I can't believe how fast the first two months of 2011 have gone!


February was not a very productive month in terms of creating or blogging.  This post is only my tenth in all of February.  Work has been insanely busy this month with my new added responsibilities.  It's fun but it's draining, and I've been coming home as Derek is leaving for work a few nights a week and I've just been too tired to do much of anything.


February started out with a trip to the Philadelphia Auto Show and a slice of Pumpple Cake:



Victoria made some pink rice krispie treats for daddy to celebrate Valentine's day and we enjoyed a lot of "pajama days" to avoid the frigid cold.




And since I feel as though I haven't had a lot of creative time, I thought I'd look back to my Crafting through 2011 list of goals, and show some updates on the minimal progress I've made. 

1. Finish Teddy's Star, hopefully by the end of January This was finish in January, as planned
2. Finish Derek's wool scarf that has been terribly neglected lately The poor scarf remained negelected, with the exception of getting moved to new bamboo needles! I <3 the bamboo needles so much more than aluminum needles.
3. Make 8 Tangled Happy's Granny Stripe Boutique Bags as party favors for the girls that I anticipate will be attending Benjamin's first birthday. I finished 10 Boutique Bags, sewn seems & all.  I'm just trying to make the final decision about embellishments.
4. Make a blanket for our good friends' new baby that is due in July. I hope to make it either as a Granny Stripe or Neat Ripple or a Mini Hexagon, but we will see when the time comes. They should know the gender of the baby by March, so I plan to decide once I know who I will be creating the blanket for. We found out that our friends are having a BOY! So, now I have to go pick out the yarn and I hope to have a good start on it in March.

I also made a purse for our cousin's daughter for her birthday, which you can check out here. I'm working on a much larger version of this bag for my aunt, which I hope to complete this coming week.  I'm almost ready to start working on the handles, so I think I'll get it done in time.

I've also signed up for an Etsy shop, which I hope to populate in the coming weeks to try to earn some extra money to save up for a flight to San Francisco for Derek, since I'm going out on a business trip and we hope that he can join for a mini-getaway.  I'll give more details about the shop as I get products in it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment