Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Kitchen Kapers: Baked Potato Soup


I'm lagging a bit behind in posting my newly tested recipes! I'm getting quite a build-up waiting to be talked about!


Earlier this week, we tried Baked Potato Soup from Smitten Kitchen
I'm not sure that I would call it "baked potato" but more of a "Potato Leek" but what's in a name, eh?  The soup was great!!! I love potato soup, whether it be a loaded baked potato or more of a potato leek.  You just can't go wrong with a bowl of potato-ey goodness!  Using chicken broth instead of loading it with heavy cream made it seem a little healthier, which is always good.

The recipe was easy to make, and I did it in less time than the recipe recommended. I only simmered the garlic for about 20-25 minutes.  Well, maybe I didn't quite simmer it, but had it on a bit of a boil.  Then I didn't really watch the time when I added the potatoes, I just coked them until they were good and tender.

Next time, I think I'd add in the crumbled bacon during the cooking of the soup to get a more bacon-infused soup. 

The verdict: Great soup!!  Definitely a keeper that I will make again and again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment