Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A new venture

I've finally made the decision to go ahead and open an Etsy shop!  I hope that I'm not crazy in doing so because who knows whether anything will sell or not!! I'd also love to have a table at local craft fairs, but I'll need to find out more about how to do that when the time comes... oh, and this craziness is in the midst of me starting my MBA program (hopefully) March 21.

My plan, because there is always a plan for me, is to make some of those awesome boutique bags that I've been loving lately... you know, the bags I'm making as favors for Ben's birthday bash, the Boutique Bags from Tangled Happy.  (Don't worry, I contacted Sara and got the OK to sell the bags made from her pattern!)

Something else I want to experiment with is Market Totes or Green & Go Bags or whatever I'll end up calling them.  Pretty much a larger version of Ella's purse, meant to hold lots of good... which reminds me of something you could use on a trip to the Farmers' Market.  This one is still in the idea phase, and I'll be *hopefully* testing the pattern soon to see how my idea is working out.

I don't want to get into hats or anything that requires a specific size for people to use it, just because I don't like to worry about gauge and I fear that I'd sell something and it doesn't fit the person who bought it!  Maybe I'll add in some dishclothes or pretty scarves, but to get started I'm going to focus on the bags.  WISH ME LUCK!!!

Oh... but one major thing is missing... a name for my shop.  I'm not good at being creative with stuff like that!  Any ideas?  I was thinking of using "Simply Hooked" because I thought it was catchy and a cute play on crocheted items, but I googled it and Simply Hooked is the name of a fishing type venue....  back to the drawing board!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm excited for you :) I'm not the greatest with names...hence my shop name, lol. But I love simply hooked, cute and sassy!

    I can't wait to see your items!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Lisa, I just hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew. I'm told Etsy is cheap to join, so it won't be a major loss if it doesn't work out. I'm hoping to open up by the end of the month if I can find the time to get the bags done!
    My aunt has requested a large "Market Tote", so that will be my test for the pattern I'm envisioning.

    ReplyDelete