Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wow, It's been a while...

I haven't blogged in way too long! Things have just been so busy with work, family obligations and trying to get my Etsy shop started.

Things are just crazy! I took an awesome Dale Carnegie Leadership Immersion course for work, which was a three day course and it was really inspiring.  I was lucky enough to be able to stay in a hotel and save myself a crazy commute and it gave me some nice down-time to crochet.  I missed Derek and the kids terribly, but it was a nice break when I wasn't in class.

Next week (EEK!) I start my MBA program. It starts with a week-long residency, which means another week away from my family and not a whole lot of "me time" in the hotel to enjoy the break. It's actually going to be pretty intense, but it's fully paid by my company and will provide a ton of opportunities when I graduate. It's a 2 year program, so I'll be finishing up in the spring/summer of 2013.

Aside from that, we enjoyed a trip away for our nephew's baptism:


Ben hanging out with Uncle Joey before church


The Little Man of honor getting all dressed up


My little princess


Victoria having a talk with Daddy

And I've been working on some bags for my Etsy shop:



Good news: I've made my first sale!!!
I was asked to make a custom blanket for an awesome lady named Cathy, from Cathy's Creations (go check out her site!) for an auction she's doing to help a Susan G Komen 3-Day walk ambassador. You can check out more about the auction on her FB fan page.
The blanket is pretty nice, if I do say so myself! I'm doing it a darker pink and light, shimmery pink stripes. One the weather brightens up a bit, I promise I'll share some pictures.

I'm also working on a baby blanket for a friend's new baby who should be arriving in July!

Hopefully I'll be around more often and spare you these loooong update posts!  I can't guarantee that just yet though- I have no idea what I'm getting into with school starting next week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment