Monday, October 11, 2010

Saving money makes me happy!

This weekend was a bit busy. The mister worked on Friday evening and 3:30 until 10pm on Saturday as well. We had signed up to do the Harvest Days (community yard sale) on Saturday from 9a-1p too. Luckily, Victoria went to visit her grandparents with my sister-in-law this weekend to make things easier.

We did pretty well at the yard sale, though we were practically giving things away- like Victoria's baby bedding for $25 (including the entire bedding set, rug, lamp, window valances and diaper stacker) and an old, yet working, digital camera. Ben did great the whole time, he even took a nice, long nap while we were there. After the sale was over, Ben & I walked home and stopped by the deli to pick up lunch while Derek drove home and unloaded. After Derek left for work, Ben and I went out shopping.

I took a trip to AC Moore to pick up some yarn and look at a few other things for my sister-in-law's baby shower. I ended up picking up a few things for Victoria for Christmas because I couldn't pass up the sale. They had Crayola products on a buy one, get one free - so I got Victoria a reusable coloring set that looked pretty cool. It was Princess & the Frog and once you color it (with washable markers) you use the sponge it comes with to clean it off and once you let it dry you can color all over again. Since I was getting that, I got a Color Wonder Car set for FREE :) The car set was pretty cool, it's a clipboard container - so you can store your books and markers inside and then clip them onto the clipboard so you have something to color on for long trips. $26 dollars worth of stuff for $13.

Then I made another stop at Target to pick up the Strawberry Shortcake RC Cruiser that Victoria has been showing interest in. Normally $19.99 on sale for $18.99 and I had a $10 off coupon from Hasbro, which gave me a total savings of $11, paying only $8.99. I was so excited. Our little stash of presents has been growing for Victoria and now I just really need to order the Art table for the kids and we'll be in good shape... then I can figure out what I'm getting for Ben other than some board books & clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment