Sunday, October 3, 2010

It has been decided!

I've been trying to decide on colors/patterns for my newest nephew's blanket so I asked my sister-in-law for some input to see if there's anything she'd like to have. Well, she said I should make a star. I kind of laughed because the only other star blanket I have ever made was for Tillie, my sister-in-law's turtle. Yes, that's right - I made a blanket for a turtle. I'll have to get a picture of it to add on here so you can see it. It was pretty much a doll sized blanket for Tillie's bed. This turtle acts like a cat or dog, she follows you if you call her name and things that you'd never imagine a turtle could do.

So, she said a blue with either brown or black would be cool. I was hoping to do a ripple or granny stripe with all shades of blues & greens with tan/white/yellow mixed in but the star is a cool idea. She said that her husband's grandmothers will probably knit or crochet stuff too, so this would give something different and a blanket that they could display/hang up too. I already saw yarn I'd like to try for this one - Bernat Satin. They have a powder blue and black and it's so soft. We shall see!

Hopefully it'll be done by the time he's born or very soon after!

No comments:

Post a Comment