Monday, August 9, 2010

Time for change

So many things are going to be changing soon that the thought of the changes excites me and scares me all at the same time. Since having our son, my husband's job has been going downhill and we've made the decision that starting in September, he's going to be a stay at home dad. He is thrilled, he really hates his job and when our daughter was born, he didn't have a lot of time with her since his job (same one) was very demanding at the time and he was working 50-hour, 4-day weeks which left little time for cuddling or playing.

We're going to keep our daughter in preschool 2 days per week, so that she doesn't lose anything she could be learning, since she's doing so well right now. She's only 3 and able to count to fifteen in English and to ten in Spanish. She can write her name, well enough that we can recognize it, but it still needs a bit of polishing.

With him staying home, it will also provide me with more family time. Currently, I drop the kids off at daycare, which doesn't open until 7am, and then spend nearly an hour, sometimes longer, in traffic due to the bad timing. The alternative would be to take them to daycare later and then work a later day, but then I'd get practically no time with my family in the evening. With my husband staying home and taking the little one to preschool, I can work 7am-3pm, totally miss traffic and have hours to spend with my husband and children in the evening. It's going to be amazing.

Ironically, we'll also have more spending money and more of a chance to save.
If you have any great money-saving tips, please share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment