Monday, July 18, 2011

Surely it can't be!

I know that I’m just a bit excited and over-zealous right now starting my new way of eating… I know it’s not going to be easy because there are carbs hidden in everything, but this morning I was thinking that there's no way this is real... I ate scrambled eggs WITH cheese and some bacon for breakfast... and that's what I was suppose to be eating!



Meal planning for this week wasn’t as hard as I thought it was going to be, but I was lucky that Derek is trying to help me and we had a big discussion on swapping out rice/noodles/potatoes for side salads at dinner… well, with the exception of meals that just HAVE to have one of those items – in which case I will make mashed cauliflower or do a side salad and him and the kids will have the carbs.


I’m really waiting for that slip up though, grabbing something without thinking about it. It’s only Day 1, so I expect that it will happen this week unknowingly until after I consumed whatever it was… My biggest surprise last night was salad dressing. It was suggested to me that I make sure to have Ranch dressing… well, I found out why. I looked at my Fat Free Caesar Dressing (which worked good for Weight Watchers)… it has 11g of carbs in ONE serving. For salad dressing?! Ranch only has 3g, so I guess I’ll be getting use to Ranch dressing.

I'm sure I'm not doing this LCHF the way I *really* should be, I am planning to eat fruit- which I know isn't always advised, but I'm doing it moderately and making it work for me.

Just to get a glimpse of my first day, here's what I'm eating:

Breakfast: Banana with a smear of natural PB. Chai tea with cream.
Breakfast #2: Scrambled cage-free eggs with cheddar cheese, 3 pieces of bacon.
Lunch: Salad (lettuce, cucumber, carrots, broccoli & cauliflower) with Ranch Dressing.
Dinner: Grilled chicken breast with bacon & cheese ("Monterey Style"), Grilled asparagus and a side salad with Ranch dressing.

I had 2 breakfasts because #1 was at 6am and by 9am I was hungry (of course, I only had a banana for the first!). I'm sure there's LC flaws in my meals today, but want to know what's changed from my norm? There's no bagel or donut or danish for breakfast, no buttered noodles with dinner.  Salad for lunch is pretty much the norm for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment