Thursday, April 14, 2011

Raking in the deals at CVS

Okay, so admittedly I don't usually shop at CVS unless I need a prescription or some sort of first aid item, but I keep reading MamaCheaps! and always see good deals at CVS, so I thought I'd check it out. This week's circular had a few items that caught my eye, so I made a trip there on Monday and Derek actually went back today for more.


On Monday, I spent $11.66. I bought 3 boxes of Kellogg's cereal, on sale for $1.66 each but I had no coupon, I didn't realize I was buying cereal until I was there. I also bought 2 boxes of Cheez-its, which were on sale for $1.99 each and I had a coupon for $1 off when you buy two boxes.The last thing I got was a Garnier Nutrisse hair dye... my dye of choice when I do my own hair to save some cash. The dye was on sale for $5.49 and I had a $2 off coupon.  My receipt showed a total savings of $17.29!!!


Today, Derek went back to CVS to pick up some more Cheez-its since we had another coupon left and I also asked him to pick up some more cereal, since it was such a great price. He spent a total of $6.95 and got 3 boxes of cereal to use the $1/3 boxes of Kellogg's cereals coupon and he got 2 more boxes of Cheez-its with another $1/2 coupon. He also picked up a bottle of water for him (and Victoria) to drink on the walk home, since they walked to CVS to enjoy the beautiful weather.  The receipt from today's trip listed a savings of $16.19!!


So, in the last week we have had THREE shopping trips where we saved more than we spent!  And, now I'm also stocked up on cereal for a few weeks... and all ready to make some rice krispie treats too!  I could get use to this... especially on things that we currently buy anyway, like cereal and snacks.


Lesson learned: check out CVS for awesome deals!
Total CVS savings this week = $33.48

2 comments:

  1. WTG! That is awesome! I am starting to see the draw to places like CVS and Walgreen's! I definitely saved more than I spent on my trip to Walgreen's today! :) Isn't it great to save?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is! I just wish I had been doing this all along... think of all the money that could have been saved! Oh well, moving forward I'll be a coupon-using, super saving mama! haha
    I need to check out Walgreen's deals too, they just aren't as convenient for me.

    ReplyDelete