Wednesday, November 24, 2010

WIP Wednesday

My new found joy of knitting has continues to monopolize my crafting time.  Derek's wool scarf is on a temporary hold since we figured out there was no way it would be complete before hunting this year.  So, I've started working on the Santa hats for the kids and I HOPE I will get them done in time to be worn this year.  I haven't found a lot of time for knitting/crocheting/crafting in general of late, but I'm making some slow progress.

The Santa hats-   I started on my circular needles, using Bernat Christmas Cotton:

Then changed to Crimson yarn, which is not as thick as the cotton and I didn't realize what sort of trouble that would cause me with the knitting process.  It was getting too tight to work on the circular needles, so I made the decision to transfer to DPNs and give that a whirl:


So far, so good. It's a little complicated to figure out how to hold it so that all the needles aren't knocking together, but it's a learning process.

Next week, Derek and the kids are away visiting family while I have to work. I'm going to miss them terribly, but I'm going to try to use the time to my advantage to get my projects done. I want to finish up Victoria's Santa hat and try to squeeze in making a purse for her for Christmas, as well as a black hat and a black & hot pink scarf. I also have another purse that I'd like to make for a Christmas present as well and I would love to make some great progress on Teddy's star blanket, so we'll see how much I can get done. Hopefully my WIP post next week will be full of creative goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment